A Ministry of Presence
Galatians 6:1-5 |
Throughout the story of the Bible, our God makes His presence known, acting in our lives, responding to our needs, and bringing deliverance.
What Adam lost in the Garden of Eden was "the presence of God". "Adam, where are thou?" Adam and Eve were deprived of God's presence because of sin. The story of redemption is how God through the shedding of blood by a promised "seed of the woman" would provide an atonement, a covering for sin.
- "Yahweh" - The "I AM" - His Presence
- Adam - "Where art thou?"
- Moses - "I will be with you."
- Joshua - "As it was with Moses, I will be with you."
- Gideon - "The Lord is with you."
- Jeremiah - "The Lord is with you."
- Jesus - "I will be with you always."
Our Ministry of Presence
"As the Father has sent Me, so send I you."
"Bear one another burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ."
When we express love and care for others, saved or unsaved, we are also expressing the loving concern of Jesus. Nothing may be said, or it may be a simple prayer. Nevertheless through caring we share the presence of the Father.