The King is Coming! (Part 1)
I Corintians 15:51-52 |
"Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air."
Sequence of Events
- Jesus will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep.
- Their bodies will rise from the dead.
- Living believers will be instantly changed.
- Both groups will meet the Lord in the air.
Encourage one another with these words.
- "The Kin is Coming" should motivate us to "holiness". "And he who has this hope in Him purifies himself, even as Christ is pure." (I John 3:3)
- "The King is Coming" should motivate us to "be prepared". "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour that your Lord comes." (Matthew 24:42)
Good News or Bad News?
Are you "looking for that blessed hope, the glorious appearing of the great God, our Savior, Jesus Christ?" OR "When the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus."